Many industries use compressed air as it is one of the most extensively used forms of energy. Near about 70% of manufacturers use a compressed air system. Since compressed air is the most expensive forms of energy for manufacturing units, so what inspires air compressor energy efficiency? Several factors including type, model, size, motor power rating, system design, control mechanisms, uses and maintenance schedule are responsible for the efficiency of the compressor. The prime reason for incompetent air compression is the loss of heat produced from the enhanced temperature of pressurized air and friction caused by the system’s many moving parts. Indoair is a reputed air compressor manufacturer in India that always offers energy-efficient compressors to clients.
When you need to consider the compressor efficiency, it’s recommended to examine the entire system that includes not only the air compressor but also supply lines, air storage tanks, air dryers, receivers and after-coolers.
You can improve your system’s efficiency with the following methods:
Improve the quality of air intake
The temperature of the intake air regulates the density of the air. Cool air requires less energy to compress.
If intake air is clean, then compressed air can move more smoothly through the system. Dirty air contains various contaminants that accumulate and cause wear and tear and lessen storage capacity.
Moisture is not acceptable to an air compression system as it accumulates inside the system and causes components to rust. This may lead to wear and tear, leaks and reduced storage capacity. Dry air will lesser damage your air compression system and tools.
Match the air compressor controls
Air compressor controls to match the compressor output. These controls are imperative in improving the compressor system’s efficiency and high performance.
The below-mentioned controls can improve the efficiency of single compressors:
· Depending on the pressure, Start/stop controls turn compressors on and off.
· Tob discharge pressure, load and unload functions unload the compressor.
· Modulating controls manage flow need, while multistep controls allow compressors to operate at partially loaded conditions.
· Dual-Control/Auto-Dual controls allow the selection of either start/stop or load/unload.
· Variable displacement can operate in two or more partially loaded conditions.
· Variable speed drives incessantly adjust drive motor speed to meet variable demand requirements.
· Systems with multiple compressors use system master controls to coordinate all the functions
· System master controls can coordinate compressed air systems when complexity exceeds the capabilities of local and network controls. Such controls can monitor system components and also trend data to increase maintenance functions.
Improve system design
Below, we are mentioning 5 ways to improve the design of your air compressor system.
· Straighten the path: Narrow delivery lines or sharp bends in those delivery lines can cause enhanced friction and pressure drops in the system. This means less pressure reaching the point of use. A better design without many bends and loops should create more pressure using the same energy.
· Save energy when needed: A storage tank, or receiver, can buffer short-term demand changes and lessen on/off cycling. A tank can prevent system pressure from dropping below minimum pressure requirements. A pressure drop may cause the system pressure to increase, which can result in wasted air pressure.
· Cool the intake air: Since the energy needed to compress cool air is less than the energy needed to compress warmer air, you can decrease the energy required for compression. This can be achieved by moving the compressor intake into a shaded area outside.
· Use several small compressors: Oversized air compressors are very inefficient because they consume more energy per unit. Such systems are advantages from the use of many smaller compressors with sequencing controls.
· Recover waste heat: For space heating and heating water, waste heat can be used for boiling water. An aptly designed heat recovery unit can recover 50-90% of the electrical energy used in air compression.
Maintain your compressor
Poorly maintained air compression systems can cause wasted energy and money. You should maintain your air compressor system in the following ways.
Fix leaks: Wasted air is a prime cause of energy loss in air compression systems. Even small leaks are very costly if left uncorrected. Leaks not only waste energy but also cause drops in system pressure. Detecting and fixing leaks can minimize energy loss to less than 10 per cent of the compressor output. You can observe leaks anywhere in the compressed air system.
Change filters: Filters are responsible for clean air reaches end-users. Dust, dirt and grease can jam filters and this may cause a drop in system air pressure. If filters are not cleaned properly, pressure drops can require more energy to maintain the same pressure.
Maintenance: Ensure that all employees are properly trained during the maintenance procedure.
Are you looking for an air compressor manufacturer? Then, go through the profile of Indoair. Indoair is an established air compressor manufacturer in Ahmedabad and the company produces energy-efficient air compressors.
By visiting their site, you will learn more about the company and its products.